Cambridge English Placement Test (CEPT)
In November 2015, we introduced the Cambridge English Placement Test (CEPT). This 30-minute online test assesses a student's level of English against the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for languages). It does so by assessing their Listening, Reading and Use of English skills. The test will adapt to the level of the student, allowing them to show their full potential in the test.
Before we began running the test, we trialled it at our centre. We took one student from every class level from beginner to advanced and we found that the outcomes matched internal classing. The students also seemed happy with the test, and they were able to complete all parts with little guidance (everything they needed was on the screen in front of them).
A great result!
November 2015 saw our first real test and we haven't looked back!
We now run the CEPT on a weekly basis, testing up to 16 students a week. This year we moved on to the new system from Cambridge English, which produces a Statement of Results with the official Cambridge English Placement Test logo as soon as the student finishes the test.
Although the CEPT is not an official qualification, it does have great benefits:
- it's quick - only 30 minutes!
- it's easy to use
- instant Statement of Results at the end of the test
- great value
- useful as an entry test for new students at your school
- a great test for students thinking about taking a Cambridge English exam
- an excellent tool for exam preparation - especially those preparing for computer-based exams
- a test for students who want to find out where their level is on the CEFR
...to name but a few!
What's more, if you are a school or company, you can run the test at your own centre.
Want to find out more? Contact us for more information.